To speed up daily browsing on the Internet, your web browser saves frequently used images and web pages in it’s memory (cache). To ensure you are seeing the updated ‘live’ version of your website it is important to clear your web browser’s cache after making any updates to your site.
To clear your web browser’s cache please follow these steps below:
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu. Or, optionally you may simply press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window (and skip step 2)
- Click on Delete Browsing History…
- Select Temporary Internet Files.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to delete your temporary files (i.e. clear your cache).
- If you want the browser to automatically clear the cache whenever you close it, click the Advanced tab. Click to check the box next to the Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed option (in the section labeled Security). Click OK. This will delete everything except cookies.
- Note: IE8 has a “feature” which retains some cookies even after you clear your cache if you do not UNCHECK the “Preserve Favorites Website Data.” If you truly need to clear your cache, you will want to uncheck this!