WooCommerce is the world’s most popular Ecommerce Shopping Cart system and for good reason! Open-source and free to use, running on the world’s most popular CMS – WordPress and featured-packed, it is the system of choice for websites built at Quikclicks. We’ve built websites with dozens of systems over the last decade, but WooCommerce is our all-time favourite – Easy to update and simple for customers to purchase from! See below for a comprehensive list of WooCommerce features.
PRODUCTS and MERCHANDISING
In WooCommerce, products are very easy to add and update. WooCommerce is a perfect option for stores of almost any type and is great for stores that have multiple different types of products they’d like to list (simple products, affiliate, downloadable, virtual, etc.). Adding new products will be a familiar process since it’ll create a custom post type for you. If you’re comfortable with adding new posts then you should be equally as comfortable adding new products. WooCommerce products get their own set of tags, categories, attributes, and shipping classes that will set them apart from each other. You can add unlimited products and categories, each with their own set of options and variations.
WooCommerce has great inventory management options that you can access from the product page. In the “Reporting” tab, you can view low and out-of-stock items. If you are a merchant who keeps small stock volumes, then you’d be glad to know that back orders are allowable. You can also enable alerts for low inventory and set specific stock information to customers.
- Full product catalogue
- Online checkout system
- Unlimited products
- Unlimited product categories
- Create unlimited Sub categories
- Sell physical and/or digital products
- Sell products with options and variations (e.g. size, colour, etc.)
- Custom fields
- Product discounts
- Product discounts
- Per-product SKUs or custom codes
- Fully WYSIWYG “Visual” editor for easy editing
- Embed images and videos in product description
- Edit product description HTML directly
- Cut/copy/paste support in WYSIWYG editor
- Product ratings and customer reviews
- Specify product weight and dimensions
- Enable free shipping on a per-product basis
- Automatic inventory control
- Per-product inventory levels
- Per-option inventory levels
- In-Store dynamic product Search
- Customer order tracking updates
- Email/print invoices
- Customer address book
- Customer wish lists
- Related products
CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
WooCommerce is integrated seamlessly with WordPress, which is the best CMS in the world. You get the full WordPress functionality which provides every CMS option out there in an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor. You can add unlimited content pages and WordPress ensures that they will be SEO friendly. Adding, editing, and managing pages, posts, products, and categories is very simple and will make your day to day tasks a breeze.
- Integrated with WordPress
- Unlimited content pages
- Full CMS functionality
- 100% browser-based – compatible with all modern browsers
- Display returns policies, etc.
- Easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor
- Menu and drop-down menu editor
- SEO friendly pages
- Email contact forms
- Easy product and category management
ORDERS, PAYMENTS and CHECKOUT
Out of the box, WooCommerce can accept bank payments, credit cards, PayPal, checks, and cash on delivery. Besides that, there are 107 payment gateway integrations available, such as Authorize.net, Braintree, Stripe, and many more. WooCommerce gives you the ability to sell in multiple currencies which is important when your customers are living in other countries. Guest checkouts are supported and you can set email order confirmation when someone makes a purchase and even include delivery date. In case you need it, you can easily issue a refund.
- Secure Payments via multiple Payment Gateways
- Sell in multiple currencies
- Accept credit cards online
- Accept PayPal, Google Checkout, Amazon Pay and more
- Accept cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.)
- Accept Cash on Delivery (COD), check, direct bank transfer
- Auto payments via subscription
- Integration with Stripe, FirstData, Authorize.net, Square and more
- Shipping quote estimates
- Guest checkout option
- Email order confirmation
TAX RATES and SHIPPING
WooCommerce comes with full shipping functionality. There are multiple options, including flat rate shipping, free shipping, local pickup, and local and overseas delivery. You need to set shipping zones and an automatic shipping calculator will take care of everything. You can even provide shipping estimates from major carriers like FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Shipping calculator on the cart page will make sure that there are no surprises at checkout. Overall, you don’t need to worry about calculating taxes because, in WooCommerce, you can set tax classes and local tax rates what will automatically populate for each order. Geo location will detect your customers’ addresses and it’ll streamline tax and shipping calculations.
- Show taxes based on shipping or billing address
- State-based tax zones
- Country-based tax zones
- Unlimited tax rates and zones
- Automatically calculate country and state tax rates
- Price displays in shop including or excluding tax
- Price displays during cart and checkout including or excluding tax
- Sell locally, nationally or internationally
- Shipping rates (flat or specific for different products)
- Set shipping zones
- Offer free shipping for certain products or locations
- Auto-detect your customer’s address
- Real-time shipping quotes
MARKETING and PROMOTIONS
WooCommerce lets you run multiple types of promotions, such as free shipping offers, coupon campaigns and discount options. In advanced options, you can set a specific limit to the number of products that customers can purchase at discounted prices, and even restrict the promotion to specific customers. You can even give your customers free shipping over a specific value of their cart. If you have an email autoresponder, then you can connect it with WooCommerce and start collecting emails via newsletter subscription integration.
- Coupon codes
- Newsletter subscription integration
- Free shipping discount rules (e.g. over $100)
- “Related Products” panel
- Showcase top products in a widget
Reporting is another feature where WooCommerce shines. Detailed graphs for sales, top sellers, and others are very easy-to-read and easily accessible in the dashboard. Beautiful graphs will provide great insight into your metrics and are very user friendly. It is perfect for you if you’re running a small business and don’t’ have a larger accounting service integrated. In reports, you can view gross and net sales and totals. You can also easily see sales by date, product, coupons, category, and more.
- Sales order reports
- Customer order reports
- Stock reports
- Total orders graph
- Total customer graph
- Sales coupons reports
- Sales category reports
- Top sellers’ reports
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION FEATURES
WordPress is renowned by SEO experts around the world as one of the best options out there. It is very easy to add content and meta information on any page which will make sure that pages will have a high chance of ranking. Popular plugins such as Yoast SEO will make your website highly optimized and give you a full control over all the SEO related details. WooCommerce takes advantage of this and gives you many SEO options overall.
- Custom navigation links
- Custom page titles
- Custom page URLs
- Canonical URLs
- Auto XML sitemap
- Image ALT tags
- META title, descriptions, and keywords on each page
- Fully responsive and mobile friendly
SOME OF THE ADDITIONAL MODULES AVAILABLE ARE:
WooCommerce allows you to set up a fully functioning store out of the box, but there are many other functionalities that can be added. If you need help with accounting, then you can integrate Xero that will take care of all your business accounting functions. Each order will be sent to your Xero account and you’ll be able to set up automatic creation of invoices as well. Getting more insight into your sales funnel is easy with Google Analytics integration. You’ll be able to get detailed insights in your sales and traffic so that you can improve your revenue. You can also implement anti-fraud features that will quickly detect fraudulent transactions that will make your customers safe and minimise hassle for you. There is a wide range of custom plugins and extensions that will integrate with your store. Chances are if you are searching for an additional functional to add your ecommerce website, there is an already made plugin or extension available in the WooCommerce community.
- Analytics, reporting, and tracking
- Marketing: dynamic pricing, coupons, follow ups, points and rewards
- Quickly fulfil orders
- Customise checkout
- Product add-ons
DON’T SEE THE FEATURE YOU’RE AFTER LISTED HERE?
The Quikclicks Shopping Cart is so flexible and feature-packed we can often configure it to suit any need. Give us a call today on 1300 132 274 to discuss your requirements.