This tutorial shows you how to set up your iPhone to work with your POP3 email account. For tutorials on setting up your Email on a Blackberry or other platforms, please see our other Knowledgebase Help Guides.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account on the iPhone
1. Select “Settings” from your SpringBoard.
2. Select “Mail” from the “Settings” menu.
3. Select “Add Account” from the “Mail” menu.
4. Select “Other”.
5. Select “POP”.
6. Enter your name in the “Name” field, your full email address (email@example.com) in the “Address” field and a description for the account in the “Description” field.
7. Scroll down and input the settings for your Incoming Mail Server.
Enter “mail.yourdomain.com” in the “Host Name” field, replacing “yourdomain.com” with your own domain name. Enter your full email address in the “User Name” field and your password in the “Password” field.
8. Scroll down and input the settings for the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
These details can be obtained from your Phone Network Provider (Eg. Telstra, Optus). Click here for more help.
Click “Finish”. Press the “Save” button in the top right hand side of the screen.
9. Mail will then check your mail settings. It will verify your settings and add the email account. Now when you press Mail it will take you to your mail account.
10. Select “Settings” from your SpringBoard.
11. Select “Mail” from the “Settings” menu.
12. Select the email account that you have just created.
13. Scroll down and press “Advanced”.
14. Make sure “Use SSL” is turned “OFF” in both “Outgoing Settings” and “Incoming Settings”. Your set-up is now complete!
NB: This tutorial was sourced from here